Friday, June 5, 2009

BRIDAL EXPO


On the 23rd and 24th of May I exhibited at the ABS Bridal Expo held at Rosehill Gardens.
This was my 7th expo with the Australian Bridal Service team.
I got the chance to meet some of you and thank you for your favourable comments.
I hope you enjoyed the parades, I know I certainly did.

With Elvis (Steve King - Legend of Elvis) and Figaro providing musical entertainment and the talent of all the designers on show, the 'brides to be' were definitely given a spectacular showcase.

I displayed 11 dresses in total with 8 on the runway and 3 at my display stand.

Showcasing a range of silhouettes, from the elegant, sexy slinky to the regal ball gown with one particular bride making a trip over to the stand to compliment my 'striking red gown', as she described it. Thank you Marisa, as it always feels good when a gown you have slaved over to create is noticed.

Public interest was divided between the large silk organza ball gown with Chantilly lace applique and my 'A' line silk and leaver lace gown on my stand. The ball gown silhouette appealing to the fairy tale theme where as the lace gown has more of a vintage feel.


Brides today are choosing gowns that suit their figure type and their overall wedding day themes rather than what may be in fashion at the moment.



I personally feel that the silhouette is personal and not a trend where on the other hand how you embellish a gown can be according to trend if you so wish.


After a weekend of 6 parades and being on the stand at the expo for a total of 16 hours it was time to pack up and return to my shop.
I hope to see you again soon. Remember that if you are having a gown made please allow about 8 months from time of booking and pick up. Also allow a bit more if your wedding is around Christmas time as this time can be a bit busy for all and fittings have to be scheduled around holidays.
Cathyxxx














1 comment:

  1. Wow!! What a lovely bridal expo. I seriously loved these dresses. I am getting married soon at elegant event space and planning to have nice and unique bridal dress for the day. Will look for a gorgeous wedding dress for my big day.

    ReplyDelete